When your family member needs medical transport services, you probably have many questions. There are lots of things to consider, and it can be overwhelming to know where to turn.
Elite Medical Transport is here to help. Our mission is to provide quality, safe medical transport. Here are five questions that you should ask when you need medical transport:
- Can you handle my case? Make sure that the transport team can handle the unique type of medical issue at hand, whether it’s a trauma or neonatal care. We conduct intakes with family members, and coordinate with your doctor, to assess the patient’s needs and create a plan of action. Our equipment is of the highest quality and features the latest in medical technology.
- How much will it cost me? A number of factors affect the cost of medical transport. These include insurance coverage, length of the trip, and mode of transportation. Because of this, the actual cost is determined on a case-by-case basis. A good transport company will work directly with you and your insurance company to come up with the most cost effective transport to meet your needs.
- Who will work with my insurance? Depending on the situation, you may need to call your insurance company directly, or the hospital or medical transport company may make the call. At Elite Medical Transport, we work directly with your insurance company to help alleviate the burden on you.
- What will the staff be like? Ask about the transport team’s credentials. At a minimum, the team should include a registered nurse, paramedic, and pilot or driver. You want to be sure the team is prepared for any possible issue.
- Who will be on the other end? In addition to experienced and credentialed staff, you want someone who provides bedside-to-bedside care. This ensures that there is no drop in the quality of treatment or comfort.
Elite Medical Transport cares about the whole patient. Our mission is to provide safe, quality care and transport services.
Give us a call today to learn more about what we do.